【Recipe by Yuko Hiraoka (Certified Japanese Dietitian)】
After graduating with a degree in dietetics, she worked at a special care home for the elderly. After this experience, she has been working as a dietician in a hospital.
This recipe that can be topped with the ingredients of your choice, making it a quick and easy way to get a good balance of nutrients.
The bitterness of Genshin coffee complements the other ingredients, making it the perfect accompaniment to your meal.
Ingredients (for 1 person)
- Flour (30g)
- Café Genshin Drip Type (3g)
- Soy milk (70g)
- Aspargus (1/2)
- Ham or chicken slice (half a slice)
- Shimeji (a small quantity)
- Olive oil（or another oil of your choice）
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the ingredients into bite-size pieces of about 2 to 3 cm.
- Boil the asparagus and shimeji mushrooms in salted water or in the microwave.
- Mix the flour, Café Genshin , soy milk and salt in a bowl.
- Lightly oil your frying pan, pour in the batter and spread it out by turning the pan.
- Place the asparagus, ham (or chicken) and shimeji mushrooms on the crepe and place an egg in the center (If you surround the egg with the ingredients, the egg white will not move).
- When the edges of the dough start to brown, fold the edges of the dough in four places (if you fold too much, the ingredients will be hidden and the dough will be easier to peel off, so fold only a little).
- Cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat from low to medium. When the dough is cooked and the eggs are half boiled, your dish is ready!
★Comment from the dietitian:
For this recipe, we are using soy milk instead of cow's milk, which makes this galette full of nutrients and low in calories. Soy milk is also rich in iron, which helps prevent anemia.