Easy Japanese curry recipe with Genshin brown rice coffee
【Recipe by Shimohata Minami (registered dietitian)】
After obtaining a dietitian's license, she worked in product development for a food manufacturer. Following her husband's transfer, she left her job and she is now working as an independent dietitian. She provides specific advice on health and nutrition, recipe creation, etc. She is the mother of one child.
"Curry is now considered a Japanese "national dish". In this article, I will introduce an original recipe, using lots of onions instead of meat. The secret ingredient for obtaining the special flavor of this curry is Genshin Coffee (Japanese brown rice coffee). You'll also need to fry the vegetables carefully before adding the water, in order to add sweetness to the curry."
～Ingredients～ (for 2)
- 1 onion
- 1/3 of a carrot
- 1/2 of a potato
- 1 tablespoon rice oil
- 4g of grated garlic
- 4g of grated ginger
- 1 red chilli pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 7g of TOMO Café Genshin (drip type)
- 5g of honey
- 1 piece of laurel leaf
- 400 ml of water
- 2 pieces of your favorite Japanese curry roux
1. Finely chop the onions, carrots and potatoes.
2. Add some rice oil in a pan, then turn it in
3. Lightly fry the grated garlic and grated ginger (from low to medium heat.
4. Add the chopped onions, carrots and potatoes in the pan.
5. When the vegetables become softer, add the red chili pepper (remove the seeds before)
6. Add salt, pepper, TOMO Café Genshin, honey, water, and laurel leaf, and then cook everything at low eat for 20 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat and add the Japanese curry roux. Then cook everything again for 10 minutes at low heat.
- You can cut the laurel leaf into slices to release the aroma more easily.
- You can remove the red chili pepper if you want to cook a sweet version of this plate.