【Recipe by Yuta Kanasashi (Certified Japanese Dietitian)】
After graduating from the Department of Dietetic, he passed the national examination and obtained a Registered Dietitian license. After working for food companies, he is now offering his services in hospitals.
This wagashi recipe is made from Genshin coffee, which adds a light brown rice flavor to this traditional treat. The main ingredients are simple: brown rice extract, agar agar powder and red beans. This Japanese recipe is suitable for vegan and gluten intolerant people.
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- Red bean paste 200g
- TOMO Genshin (drip type) 100 ml
- Water 100 ml
- Sugar 10g
- Agar agar powder 2g
- Infuse your Genshin coffee in advance.
- Pour 100ml of water in a pan, add the agar agar powder, and start boiling the mix.
- Pour Genshin coffee, add sugar and the red bean paste, and mix it all at low heat. The mixture will harden as the temperature goes down.
- Pour the mix into a mold, and let it chill in the refrigerator once it becomes cooler
5. Once it has hardened, cut it into pieces. You did it!
Comments from the dietitian
Genshin Coffee does not contain caffeine. This recipe can therefore be consumed safely by pregnant women.